Fawn: Boho Antler Slat Sign

Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Boho Antler Slat Sign

 I love the boho chic style that's so popular right now. From dream catchers and lace to wildflowers and feathers. I adore it all. I wanted to update my daughter's room a bit with a touch of whimsy by making this fun boho antler sign to go in her bookcase. This was a fun and easy project and I love how it turned out.


Supplies for Boho Antler Slat Sign: 
Sanding block or sandpaper
 Trail Tan and Light Ivory paint available at The Wood Connection
Felt flowers Mint Envy


Start by painting the entire slat sign using the trail tan paint and allowing the sign to dry completely.


I don't have a cutting machine so instead I created a stencil by finding an antler image online, printed it on cardstock and cut it out. I then added a bit of glue to the stencil and attached it to the slat sign to keep in place while I painted. 

Add a thin coat of ivory paint over the sign and antler stencil. I wanted a worn and distressed look so I painted light brush strokes across the sign so the tan could still peek through.

After the sign has dried, remove the stencils. Using the sanding block, sand across the sign and on the corners just to give it a little more of an aged look.  

Attach felt flowers to the sign and you're finished! It would be fun to change out the flowers for the different seasons. Pretty pumpkin spice oranges and yellows for autumn or rustic currant and pine green for winter. Wouldn't this be a fun and festive sign for Christmas?!



I hope you enjoyed making this sign as much as I did. Thank you so much for stopping by and be sure to stop by The Wood Connection to check out all their darling fall projects!

2 comments: