Fawn: Summer Cottage

Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Cottage


I'd love to show you a fun and unique project using the Summer Stories collection from Teresa Collins Designs. 
During Christmas time, I love to see all the charming little handmade villages and houses decorating mantels and table tops. But the holiday season shouldn't get ALL the fun so I thought I'd make a sea side cottage to welcome the lazy days of summer. 

How perfect is the Summer Stories collection for this project?!  Breezy blues, sunshine yellows, and soft pinks. Just makes me want to lie in a hammock with a lemonade and a good book.

I began this project with a cute chipboard house kit from Melissa Frances.  I covered each part of the house pieces with different patterns and colors of the Summer Stories paper. Following the directions on the package of the house kit, I assembled it together.


Using enamel dots, I embellished a bottle brush tree and placed it towards the front of the house. I also used banner die cuts to decorate the windows. I embellished the house with a "Home" chipboard element as well as a little chipboard button on the front gate.


Here's a mini banner I placed across the chimney to the edge of the roof . I added a little pouf of tissue garland inside the chimney and a few more enamel dots. 

                   All that is needed now is a pretty little bicycle with a flower basket parked in the front. :)
                                      Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


Supplies used-
Summer Stories pattern paper- Flowers and pink damask sheet from the 6x6 pad.
Summer Stories enamel dots
Summer Stories die cut sheet
Summer Stories chipboard elements 
House Kit- Melissa Frances






No comments:

Post a Comment