Fawn: Party Ensemble Using the She Said Collection

Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Party Ensemble Using the She Said Collection


A very merry unbirthday to you...or maybe it *is* your birthday? (If so, Happy Birthday!)  Either way, who doesn't love a reason to have a party?!

Here is a fun party ensemble using the new She Said Collection by Teresa Collins Designs. Aren't the bright, cheery colors and patterns from this line just perfect to use for party decorations?


For my party ensemble, I chose to make a party hat, goodie bag, cupcake topper and wrapper. 
For the goodie bag, I simply covered a 5"x7" treat bag I already had with the "arrows" pattern paper from the She Said collection. I decorated the bag by layering die cuts and stickers and added a few red enamel dots to the front. To finish it off, I glued a strip of tissue garland to the top of the bag. 


The cupcake topper was so simple to make. I used a die cut as my base and used pop dots to layer stickers on the front of the topper. I then glued a toothpick to the back of the die cut and let dry. 
For the cupcake wrapper, cut out a 1.5" x 8" strip of paper and cut across the top using scalloped edge scissors.  Using a hole punch, punch holes all around the wrapper then fasten the wrapper ends together with glue and let dry. 


Party hats are one of my favorite things to make because they are so simple to create and everyone loves to receive one! 
Using a party hat template, trace the template onto the pattern paper (here I chose to use "dots" from the She Said collection) and cut out.  Using adhesive, glue along the straight edge,  shape the hat and glue the edges together.
Now to decorate the hat! I cut out a doily from the Memories collection and layered stickers and die cuts on top of it and then glued the doily to the front of the hat.  Line the top and bottom of the hat with adhesive and wrap a bit of tissue garland them. 


 I hope you've enjoyed this party ensemble tutorial and perhaps it will inspire you to throw a party...there's always a reason to celebrate! 

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a creative day!











No comments:

Post a Comment