Fawn: Classic Paper Hats

Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Classic Paper Hats

Do you remember making paper hats as a kid? Here's a fun twist on the classic paper hat you made in grade school.  With a touch of whimsy and elegance, you can create these fun hats for any occasion. The beauty of this simple craft lies in its versatility.  How fun would these be as a centerpiece for a birthday party or bridal shower?! You could also use papers from the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage collection and make some fun holiday party hats.


 I haven't made this style of hat since I was a kid, so I had to refresh my memory on how to make one. I simply googled "how to make a paper hat" and several tutorials popped up. I used one sheet from the Vintage Finds collection and one sheet from Tell Your Story. I love how papers from two different lines complement each other so beautifully. After I made the basic hat, the fun really began! I made paper feathers   by folding a small scraps of paper in half and cutting them into a half oval. I kept the paper folded in half and cut slits all the way down the "feathers". I then embellished the hat with a glitter border,  feathers, medallion, sticker and tissue garland around the edge of the hat. 

Here's another hat using chipboard elements, butterfly stickers and medallions from the Tell Your Story collection. 

Supplies used-
1 sheet Vintage Finds paper (cut down to 8.5x11)
1 sheet Tell Your Story paper (cut down to 8.5 x 11)
Layered Stickers
Accessories Sheet
Border Strips
Medallions 
Tissue Garland
Adhesive- Xyron Mega Runner



Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!








2 comments: